As we head into 2022, many will resolve to make positive changes in our lives for the year ahead. If you have always wanted a beautiful white smile, maybe this is your year to take action and change what you currently don’t like. Veneers are an excellent tool to enhance your smile, but are they right for your particular dental issue? If so, start the new year off right by scheduling your cosmetic dental procedure with our Charleston dentist office today!
What Are Veneers?
Veneers are an excellent way to fix imperfections in your teeth and smile. They provide a thin cover that covers and adheres to your teeth to reshape them. Once placed, they are indistinguishable from your natural teeth. They are an excellent solution to correct many aesthetic tooth problems.
Dental veneers can be made from either a composite resin or porcelain. Each type has its disadvantages and advantages, so it is important to carefully consider which one is best for your specific needs. In general, veneers can help correct:
- Misshapen or crooked teeth
- Worn or chipped teeth
- Large gaps or spaces in between your upper front teeth
- Teeth that are heavily stained and can’t be whitened using traditional whitening methods
The Advantages of Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers are custom made to fit your teeth and have the benefits of:
- Are natural looking
- Not having to remove a lot of the tooth or enamel
- Not staining easily
The Advantages of Composite Resin Veneers
Composite resin veneers are composed of a filling material that matches the color of your natural teeth. The filling is bonded to the tooth to give it a more natural and beautiful shape. The benefits of composite resin veneers are:
- Less enamel and tooth need to be removed before the procedure
- Fewer trips to the dentist – can usually be done in one appointment
- Less expensive than porcelain
- Easily fixed if damaged; although not as strong as porcelain, the correction is both easy and fairly inexpensive if something does happen
When Are Veneers Not a Good Choice?
Although veneers are great for fixing many types of cosmetic tooth issues, there are times when they are not a good solution. You might not be a good candidate for them if:
- You grind your teeth
- Your gums and teeth are experiencing oral disease
As we quickly head into 2022, being a better version of you might be on your New Year’s resolution list. At Solomon Dentistry, we offer veneers to our patients as a way to correct both your teeth and overall smile. Start the new year off with a fresh look and healthy smile by making your appointment with our Charleston dentist office and getting started today!