New Patient Appointment With A Dentist
Your family dentist Summerville SC is the person you’ve entrusted to treat your family’s oral health and keep your teeth and gums healthy. A family dentist will provide treatment to people of all ages. This is great for families that have kids of all ages and want to make sure everyone in the family can be seen by the same provider.
If you haven’t been to the dentist in a while, you may have questions about what will happen during your first visit. Your dentist Summerville SC will take x-rays of your mouth during the first appointment. They will also observe your teeth and gums, so they can accurately diagnose any problems. New patients will most likely get a cleaning during your appointment unless major oral health concerns are uncovered. There are a few other things that may happen at your first new patient dentist appointment.
- A dental hygienist may floss your teeth
- The dentist Summerville SC will talk to you about any problems that may pop up, such as cavities, signs of gum disease or gingivitis, periodontal disease, wear to the teeth or root exposure, sensitivity and more.
- If you have signs of a cavity, they may decide to fill it right away. Otherwise, you will need to schedule a return appointment.
- A fluoride treatment may be an optional service rendered during your cleaning
- You may get a new toothbrush for free at the end!
- Paperwork, lots of paperwork. You will need to fill out health questionnaires, including what medications you are currently on. It is crucial to be thorough and honest about your medical history with your dentist.
- Cancer screening
You will also have time to talk with the dentist and ask questions about your oral health. Make sure to also ask your new dentist about other procedures they may offer such as teeth whitening, veneers, dental implants, etc.
If you are in need of a new dentist, contact Solomon Dentistry today!